Guide to Mighty Mite
Understanding your point to point race:
With this “point to point” race you will start at Village Creek State Park and finish in downtown Forest City. A “point to point” race means you Swim from point A to B, Bike from Point B to C and Run from point C to D.
Mighty Mite specifics:
- Transition 1 – Village Creek State Park (swim to bike)
- Transition 2 – East Arkansas Community College (bike to run) – You must leave your run gear at T2
- Finish – Please see the course maps on the website for a detailed description. Spectators can park at the Old Harvest Foods Building on HWY 1 which is about 100 meters from the finish.
Enter the swim at the boat ramp at Lake Dunn, swim the 1/3 mile and exit at the other boat ramp. You will run / walk up the boat ramp to the Transition area #1 (T1) and put on your helmet, shoes, sunglasses (optional) and mount your bike.
The Bike will be a rolling 13 miles and take you to Transition #2 (T2) at East Arkansas Community College. You will dismount your bike and rack it beside your running shoes that you left earlier in the morning. You will take off your helmet and put on your running shoes, race bib number, and hat (optional) to head out on your 3 mile run towards downtown forest City to the finish line.
Post Race – you have options of taking the Buses back to your car, running and biking back to your car, or hitching a ride just make sure you come back to the finish line area to partake in the post race food and awards activities.
When you arrive in Forrest City race morning you have a few options:
RECOMMENDED RACE MORNING PROGRESSION
- (East Arkansas Community College) Pick up packet – 5:30am
- (East Arkansas Community College) Set up T2 run gear – 5:45am
- (Village Creek State Park) Body marking, chip pick up – 6:30am
- (Village Creek State Park) Set up T1 bike gear and T1 bag – 6:45am-7:00am
- (Village Creek State Park) Race Start – 8:00am
If you are by yourself:
Arrive at East Arkansas Community College to pick up your race packet. This is also the location of T2 (Transition #2) where you will leave your running shoes, race number (can be on a race belt or a shirt) and a hat (optional).
You will now drive the 13 miles to Village Creek State Park to the swim start and Transition area #1 (T1) Pay attention to the hills and landmarks along the way because you are driving the bike course in reverse.
You will park your car in the grassy area. Find a safe place to leave your keys. Pump up your tires, grab your Helmet, Bike, Sunglasses (optional), swim cap, goggles and transition plastic bag provided by S2F and ride or walk up the hill to the start line and T1.
Post-race you can take the bus back to the parking area to get your car and then collect your gear from T2.
We have 3 buses running this year and will be sticking to the below schedule so everyone knows when buses are running.
Buses will depart from the old Harvest Foods Building and travel to East Arkansas Community College. Participants that wish to continue up to Village Creek State Park will be given 5 minutes to gather possessions (don’t forget your T1 bag) and re-board the bus which will continue up to Village Creek State Park (Be prompt, buses will not wait for individuals….Buses will leave after 5 minutes at the College).
Each bus carries approximately 40 people. *Athletes should have plenty of time to go back to T2, then back to T1, to retrieve all belongings in time to be back to the finish area in time for the awards. It is highly encouraged that you retrieve your belongs before the awards ceremony.*
If you have 2 or more athletes / with 2 or more cars and would prefer to not take the buses back to the start line:
You will want to park a car at the finish line so you can have transportation back to T2 and the start / parking lot to pick up gear and the car you drove at the start. This will save waiting for the buses.
If you have fans with you they can take you to Village Creek State Park to check in and pick up your packet and then drive you to the start line to drop you off. They should then drive to the finish line to watch you finish. This is not a real spectator friendly course. If your fans stay to watch the swim they may not make it to the finish line prior to your finish because they will be driving the race course and it is hard to drive alongside the bikers on the road.
East Arkansas Community College
- From I-40 take Exit 242 North (Hwy 284)
- East Arkansas Community College will be on your right as soon as you get off the exit
Village Creek State Park
- From I-40 take Exit 242 North (Hwy 284)
- North on Hwy 284 to Village Creek State Park (13 miles north of I-40 on Hwy 284) From park entrance follow triathlon signs to parking area
Finish Line Area / Old Harvest Foods Building
- From I-40 take Exit 241 A South (Hwy 1)
- Follow Hwy 1 for about 2 miles
- Harvest Foods will be on your left
- Finish Line will be visible from the side parking lot of Harvest Foods