37th Annual MightyMite Triathlon
NEW DATE - AUGUST 15th
Forrest City, AR
1/3 mile swim - 13 mile bike - 3 mile run
We are happy to announce that the 37th Annual MightyMite Triathlon is now scheduled for August 15th. There will be quite a few changes to the event in order to make it as safe as possible for all involved. We are now limiting the event to 75 registrants in order to comply with the Arkansas Health and Safety regulations. Unfortunately, this means we are going to increase the price of the event to $150 per participant. But, for all of the athletes that register at this new price, we are going to offer you the 2021 MightyMite race for FREE. Thank you for your understanding during this unique time and we are looking forward to seeing you all at the race!
Start2Finish Event Management
Start2Finish Event Management/MightyMite Safety Guidelines
- No in person registration will be allowed. Participants will only have the ability to register online prior to race day.
- Event capacity is 75 registered participants. No more than 10 staff members. No more than 40 volunteers.
- All event staff/volunteers/spectators are required to wear masks.
- Spectators will be discouraged unless accompanying a minor or serving as a driver for a participant.
- Each participant is required to wear a facemask at check-in and while at any of the venue areas.
- Face masks will be provided by the management team to anyone not in a mask. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave the premises.
- Hand shaking, fist bumps, and hugging are highly discouraged.
- All participants/staff/volunteers are reminded to use respiratory etiquette including covering up to cough and sneezing. NO snot rockets while running or riding.
- Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain 6ft social distance at all times while at the event.
- No busses for transportation back to the park will be offered. All participants will be responsible for their own transportation back to Village Creek State Park. We recommend having a travel companion that is not racing or riding your bike back to the park.
- In an effort to reduce parking challenges downtown, the finish line will move to EACC.
Any participant/staff member/volunteer entering transition area 2 will be screened (including temperature and symptom check) before entering, and will not be allowed to enter and advised to seek medical care if they have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, or answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
Each participant will be required to sign a waiver affirming the answer of NO to each of these questions.
Participant Check In at Transition Area 2 (East Arkansas Community College)
- All participants are required to check in for temperature check and waiver submission at transition area 2 (East Arkansas Community College) before proceeding onto transition area 1 (Village Creek State Park).
- All participants will be assigned a bib number. Athlete bib numbers will be emailed to each participant on race week.
- Your bib number corresponds to your pre-numbered bike rack. Your bike rack will have a bag containing your run number, your race shirt, and extra face mask.
- All bike rack spots will be spaced 6ft apart.
- You will leave your running shoes, run number, running cap, sunglasses, etc… at your bike rack spot in T2. (if you bike with your running shoes, take them to T1).
- There will be no body marking
Transition Area 1 (Village Creek State Park)
- Transition Area 1 is located at Village Creek State Park which is 13 miles from T2.
- Transition Area 1 will have another pre numbered bike rack. You will find your swim cap, timing chip, and race provided drop bag at your designated spot.
- Please only use the race provided drop bag to leave any items that you want taken to T2. (The only thing you should need at T1 would be your goggles, bike, bike shoes, helmet, towel, and possibly flip-fops.
- There will be no body marking
- Please wear the race provided mask (from T2) to T1. All participants will be asked to keep the mask on while at the transition area.
- When participants are warming up on the bike, masks are not mandatory, but please have with you.
- Participants will be asked to wear masks to the start line.
- Trash cans will be provided at the swim entrance for participants to dispose of masks as they enter the water.
- No mass start will be offered, all participants will start in a time trial format.
- Small X’s will be marked on the ground from the swim start to the transition area to use as a marker to maintain 6ft social distance.
- Participants will be called to the startline by bib number in increments of 10. Example Bibs 1-10 please line up. Bibs 20-30 on deck, bibs 30-40 in the hole. (This will go fast, please be ready)
- All participants will be encouraged to keep 6ft of distance between them and their neighbor runner.
- Participants are not required to wear a mask while competing.
Finish Line/Post Race
- Immediately after completing the race, a participant will be given bottled water, their finisher medal, and a new facemask to put on and must wear until leaving the venue.
- All participants are encouraged to leave the venue after finishing, cooling down, and collecting their bikes.
- Any awards ceremonies will be conducted virtually, with a posted location, date, and time to pick up the earned award.
- Pods of portable toilets will be located at the event to prevent lines and groups forming.
- Each portable toilet pod will have a hand wipe and hand sanitizer station.
- Employees will continuously monitor and sanitize toilet pods including doors to each toilet and other high touch areas.
- Participants are encouraged to maintain 6 feet in arrears and abreast of other participants for both the bike and run portions of the race.
- Participants are encouraged to run within designated coned traffic lanes.
- No volunteers will hand out water.
- Well spaced, self service water coolers will be available at T1, T2 and 1 water stop on the run course. Please sanitize your hands before and after filling up your water bottle.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to ride and run with a water bottle.
- Individual bottled water will be handed out as participants cross the finish line.
- Registration will not be offered on site.
- Results will be provided via text message, email, and posted online.
- There will be no results tents on site.
Post Event Food and Entertainment
- Any food given will be pre packaged individual items. Example: pre packaged granola bars, etc.
- No live entertainment.
- Event contact
- Start 2 Finish Event Management